Houston Premises Liability Lawyers
Property owners are responsible for keeping their property clean and safe for visitors so as to prevent needless injury. Not doing so can cause life-changing injuries that no one expected to happen. These injuries are usually the liability of the owner. Attorney Jose S. Lopez has represented many of these types of cases including:
- Slips and falls due to slippery floor
- Falling down a poorly lit stairway
- Ignoring a problem after its been reported
- Lack of security leading to attacks
- Carbon monoxide poisoning due to furnace malfunctioning
- Fires due to facility not being up to code
- Merchandise falling on customers
If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitle to file a claim if:
- You weren’t behaving in an unsafe manner as to provoke injury
- You were given consent to be on the property
- You weren’t violating any of the property owner’s rules
There are many different reasons and allowances for filing a claim. If you would like to file a claim but are unsure of how to proceed or if you even have a case, call Attorney Jose S. Lopez as soon as possible. We’ll go over the incident with and educate you on your rights and operation given your specific situation.
Who Is Responsible for Guest Injuries?
Here is a breakdown of responsible parties whose unsafe property has caused injury according to the type of property it is:
- Commercial property: market or retail store. If the property is rented liability typically falls on the person in charge of maintaining the property. For further clarification, the agreement between the actual owner and the renter will need to be reviewed.
- Private home: the owner is liable for all injuries. If the home is rented, the agreement between the actual owner and the renter will need to be reviewed.
- Rental apartments: a review of the accident and its cause is needed. If the accident happened as a result of the renter’s negligence, the renter is responsible. If the accident was the result of negligence regarding the building or maintenance, the liability would fall on the actual owner.
At Attorney Jose S. Lopez firm, we know that injuries sustained on various premises where ownership and agreements are blended, it can be confusing trying to pinpoint the responsible party. We understand that you need compensation for medical expenses and loss of wages, if that is the case. We will work hard to investigate and find the liable party so you can get back to your own life and recover from your injuries.
Contact a Houston Premise Liability Lawyer Today!
We focus in personal injury cases, and we return phone calls after hours. Free parking at our office, flexible hours and staff members who are fluent in Spanish make our legal team highly accessible to you. Call today for your free consultation at 713-529-0220 or contact us online. We are excited to review your case!
Quick Contact for consultation
Contact for a free case evaluation / consultation
COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 - DISCLAIMER